Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The possibility of having "too many" hobbies

I am the kind of person who has to constantly learn new things. I am not satisfied with the knowledge i have. It feels like every other day I have sparked up some new habit or idea that I absolutely must carry on with or bring to life. It basically settles into my brain with the grip of a strong man and does not let go. It turns into a priority instead of a simple thought/suggestion, and not only must I do it, I need to do it as soon as possible.

For example, the other day I realized I wanted to get back into gardening. After doing it for a full season, I was very disappointed when I didn't have the opportunity to repeat it again in spring/summer of 2010. I have always been interested in trying container gardening. So two days ago I went and picked up a fluorescent light for my indoor greenhouse. The only issue is i have misplaced my seeds someplace. I may pick up a few bulbs as well and give them a whirl. I just want some herbs now that i'm getting more and more interested in cooking. I'll probably go around after i get off class tomorrow morning and look around for some things.

I've also been debating learning rug hooking for a long time now, and after youtubing it lat night it of course latched onto my head. Thus right after work today i drove up the road to Michaels craft store and bought the supplies. I'm not happy with the fabric i bought. I got linen as there was no burlap and i didn't have time to go anywhere else, but in the end it is just too tightly knit together. Not having fun pulling my crochet back up through the linen. I will finish this off and hopefully find something a little easier to work with next time. I'm really liking it so far. It is not something difficult to catch on to. I also really like the fact it is entirely free hand if you want it to be. I feel more accomplished knowing i just came up with something off the top of my head and went for it. Not that i'm promising anything incredible, mind you. I will probably use some of my tarn[t shirt yarn] on my next project, and make a rug of some sort for my mother

Here is my current project, started tonight:

it will be a robot, or so i hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment