Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gabriels Wings.

Despite being in the midst of review for my finals, I've been knitting non stop the past week. It's nice to be able to knit a few rows[or 50] and not experience discomfort/pain from my wrist to my shoulder. I have a lot of catching up to do, it sounds reasonable to me! haha.

Unfortunately, I only have webcam photos to share with you today, as my camera battery is dead. I need to buy a camera of my own, eventually. In the meantime, they aren't terrible photos, so I shall share.

This is something I cast on a little while ago, and that I tend to knit on and off. I usually only work on it when I am watching Supernatural. Actually, I chose this project in honor of one of my favorite characters from the show, Gabriel/Trickster!
As you can see, it's a combination of stockinette and garter stitch separated by YOs and also has a center stitch. Its a very easy to memorize pattern, and even after putting it away for a week, I whipped it out one day in the car and had no trouble recalling where I had left off.
What is this? This is Gabriels Wings, which can be as big or as small as you desire, something I like a lot about this pattern. Dont have Ravelry? CLICK HERE
What it's knit with: Noro Kureyon Sock in S150.
This yarn often has points of being inconsistent, it turns into roving at some points, but with that aside, it is very easy to work with. It may be rough, but it doesn't feel irritating on my hands when I work with it. Its the kind of yarn where you touch it and never want to use it, but it really isn't so bad. A judge a book by its cover kind of thing, if you will.

All in all if you want a rewarding yet mindless shawl pattern, i'd recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment